Borderlands 2 is well known in the gaming community for being the epitome of action-packed, shooter-looter video games; it was released in 2012. Until recently, Borderlands 2’s last DLC was released in 2013 in the form of an upgrade to the level cap. Announced recently at E3, the latest DLC was released: Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary. Its available to download for free until July 9th here.
The DLC picks up after the events of Borderlands 2 and is used to set the stage for Borderlands 3. It adds a new tier of loot to the game, as well as an increase to the level cap. This can be accessed by using any fast travel terminal.
Today’s guide will be focusing on the various new Effervescent items added in the DLC.
Disclaimer: This DLC is new and this is not a definitive list of Effervescent items; new items are still being found and details are being uncovered regarding items’ drop locations
- Toothpick – The Toothpick is manufactured by Dahl. It fires 10 shots in 2 rows of 5; its shots are always incendiary. It consumes 6 ammo per shot and has a reduced rate of fire and reload speed. It is dropped by Sand Worms located in The Burrows
- Peak Opener – The Peak Opener is manufactured by Torgue. It fires rockets that drop 3 child grenades on impact; these grenades cause explosive damage. Its shots always deal shock damage and it consumes 4 ammo per shot. It can be found within the Writhing Deep and is dropped by Haderax The Invincible.
- M2828 Thumpson – The M2828 Thumpson is manufactured by Jacobs. It has a high accuracy rating. It can be obtained by smashing a dirt pile in front of a soldiers helmet found in Dahl Abandon after dropping from a ledge. It is a reference to Gearbox’s Brothers in Arms games.
- Nirvana – The Nirvana is manufactured by Maliwan. Its shots are always incendiary and it has increased elemental chance and damage. It has slightly reduced bullet damage and accuracy, but also an increased magazine size. It can be dropped from any suitable loot source.
- Infection Cleaner – The Infection cleaner is manufactured by Tediore. Its shots are always incendiary and it behaves like a bouncing betty grenade when reloaded. When wielded, it continually regenerates SMG ammo. It can be dropped by common enemies.
- Unicornsplosion – The Unicornsplosion is a shotgun manufactured by Torgue. It fires a miniature Butt Stallion which explodes on impact, spawning three smaller projectiles which also explode on impact. It consumes 2 ammo per shot and can be obtained by feeding Butt Stallion while wearing the mysterious amulet in The Backburner.
- Overcompensator – The Overcompensator is manufactured by Hyperion. It speaks lines of dialogue when fired. It can be obtained by completing Vaughn’s questline.
- Sinewy Ranger – The Sinewy Ranger is a shotgun manufactured by Torgue. It deals explosive damage and consumes 4 ammo per shot. It has increased weapon damage and a slightly decreased fire rate. At this time it’s unclear where this weapon is dropped.
- Hot Mama – The Hot Mama is manufactured by Jacobs. It has increased damage, accuracy, reload speed and magazine size. Its shots are always incendiary and leave trails of purple hearts. It speaks lines of dialogue whilst wielded. It is dropped by Lt. Hoffman found in the Mt. Scarab Research Center.
- Amigo Sincero – The Amigo Sincero is manufactured by Jacobs. It was a heavily increased base damage. At this time it’s unclear where this weapon is dropped
- Fire Drill – The Fire Drill is manufactured by Vladof. It has infinite ammo and its shots are always incendiary. At the time it’s unclear where this weapon is dropped.
- Hector’s Paradise – The Hector’s Paradise is manufactured by Dahl. Its bullet deal shock damage to enemies. This weapon can be obtained by completing the mission ‘Echos of the past’ located in the Mt Scarab Research Center.
- Retainer – The Retainer is manufactured by Hyperion. It is a Maylay shield which increases the player’s movement speed in the Writhing Deep when the Toothpick is equipped. It is dropped by Sand Worms located in The Burrows
- Easy Mode – The Easy Mode is a shield manufactured by Maliwan. It is a Nova shield that increases the damage of Peak opener when wielded in the Raid on Digistruct Peak DLC. It is dropped by Haderax the Invincible located in the Writhing Deep.
- Antifection – The Antifection is manufactured by Vladof. It deploys like a tesla grenade, the sending out tiny grenades which explode when hitting the ground. It is dropped by Cassius Leclemaine located at the Mt Scarab Research center.
- The Electric Chair – The Electric Chair is manufactured by Vladof. It launches eight child tesla grenades in an even distribution around the deployment point. A shock explosion follows the deployment of the child grenades. It is dropped by Uranus located in Helios Fallen.
- Hard Carry – The Hard Carry is manufactured by the Eridians. It increases the Fight for your life time and health while the Easy Mode is equipped on Digistruct Peak. It is dropped by Haderax the Invincible located in the Writhing Deep
- Mouthwash – The Mouthwash is manufactured by the Eridians. It increases the Toothpick’s damage. It is obtained from the mission ‘Paradise Found’ located in Paradise Sanctum.
- Winter is Over – The Winter is Over is manufactured by the Eridians. It increases all damage done with a specific damage type. This item is dropped by Ghost found during the mission ‘A Hard Place’.
Remember to keep an eye on GameRVW.com for more video game guides and coverage.